Venkatesh "Venky" Narayanamurti Award for Mentoring and Community Building
What is the Venky Award?
The Venkatesh "Venky" Narayanamurti Award for Mentoring and Community Building at SEAS is made possible through a generous gift by former SEAS Dean Venky Narayanamurti. This award is intended to encourage and recognize SEAS staff members who have made a significant contribution to mentoring (including the mentoring of direct reports, colleagues, or students) or to community building at SEAS.
Who is eligible?
All benefits-eligible SEAS staff members, including full- and part-time staff on the bi-weekly payroll with primary appointments as staff members. Research and teaching appointees such as lecturers and postdocs are ineligible for this award. If you have any questions about someone’s eligibility please contact Rowen Gray, SEAS HR Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is the nomination criteria?
Your nomination should include a detailed narrative of how the staff member has supported, encouraged, and promoted professional and career development of direct reports, colleagues, or students, and/or how the staff member has made a significant contribution toward building a stronger community at SEAS. Please provide specific examples of contributions.
Examples of mentoring and community building include:
- Advising on professional development/career paths
- Inspiring others by example to pursue life-long learning
- Helping students, employees or researchers who are new to SEAS/Harvard
- Taking an active role in the career development of others
- Developing and implementing strategies that increase the ways faculty, staff and students can collaborate (e.g., in a lab setting, as part of an outreach activity, etc.)
- Taking an active leadership role in specific community building activities
How do I submit a nomination?
You can submit a nomination through the 2024 SEAS Recognition Awards Nomination Form. The nomination period is from February 21 - March 8, 2024 at 11:59 pm.
What do award honorees receive?
Winners will receive a framed certificate and a cash award of $1,000.00.