How to Declare
Declaring a concentration is an exciting time for undergraduates! Students intending to declare an engineering concentration with an emphasis in electrical engineering should follow the steps below. Please plan to contact the ADUS early to avoid the rush!
- Review the concentration requirements in the Harvard College Handbook for Students
- Draft an 8-semester plan for all of the courses you plan to take to fulfill your degree requirements
- Fill out a Plan of Study form for your proposed concentration:
- Submit your Declaration of Concentration request on my.harvard (instructions can be found in the my.harvard FAQ)
- Meet with the Associate Director or Director of Undergraduate Studies for Electrical Engineering. During the meeting, you'll discuss your proposed plan of study, and once it is in order, the ADUS or DUS will sign the Plan of Study form.
- Dr. Christopher Lombardo (Associate Director of Undergraduate Studies, Electrical Engineering and Mechanical Engineering)
- Prof. Yue Lu (Director of Undergraduate Studies, Electrical Engineering)
- After the form has been signed, the ADUS or DUS will use the my.harvard tool to officially accept your concentration declaration and upload a scanned copy of your plan to the "Reports and Documents" section.
Students interested in potentially declaring one of the electical engineering options are invited to chat with Chris during his drop-in advising office hours in Pierce 207B any time his door is open. If you would like to set up a specific time to meet, please send him an email (firstname.lastname@example.org).