SM and ME Degrees

The Harvard John A. Paulson School of Engineering and Applied Sciences offers the following terminal master of science and master of engineering degrees:

The pages linked at the right describe the SEAS-wide requirements of the S.M. and M.E. degrees and augment the program-specific requirements.

Current Harvard PhD students may earn the S.M. en route to the PhD in any of SEAS's PhD-granting subjects or in CSE. Current Harvard College undergraduates may earn the S.M. through the A.B/S.M.program.

Note that a non-SM/non-ME masters degree, the Master in Design Engineering [MDE], is offered in collaboration with the Harvard Graduate School of Design.