AUDIO VISUAL (A/V) SUPPORT
Media Desk Phone: 617-496-1014
A/V Services provides faculty, instructors, and staff with A/V support for classrooms, conference rooms, and seminar rooms. A/V Services also provides troubleshooting support for lectures and talks. Some A/V equipment is available to borrow*.
- On-site assistance with A/V in SEAS classrooms, conference rooms, and seminar rooms.
- Reservation for SEAS equipment available for loan* to SEAS Faculty and Staff.
- A/V equipment setup and support for SEAS events.
*NOTE: we need at least one-week advance notice for all scheduled services.
SEAS A/V Services has a wide array of loanable A/V items available on a first-come-first-serve basis.
Equipment should be reserved at least one week in advance. Efforts will be made to accommodate last-minute requests, but we cannot guarantee availability.
All equipment is loaned for one business day. To reserve equipment or support, please contact email@example.com with as much detail as possible.
Equipment available for loan is:
- Portable LCD projector for computer projection
- USB audioconferencing microphone or microphone/speaker for desktop videoconferencing (Microsoft Teams, Zoom, etc.)
- USB webcam for Desktop Videoconferencing.
- For events: One- or two-speaker (PA) sound system with stands and inputs for two wired microphones and one iPod, computer, or other similar sound sources.
- Assorted wired microphones.
- Portable document camera.
- Laser pointer/slide advancer.
- Stereo headphones.
- Assorted adapters: MiniDisplayPort, HDMI, or USB-C to VGA or HDMI, ethernet adapters.
- 55"/65" TV on wheels for displaying computer images/videos.
- For PC or MAC laptops, please contact the HUIT Help Desk.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
Note: Voice Over IP Audioconferencing phones are in most SEAS rooms, only one distance caller is supported. For multi-party phone conferences and help with the VOIP conference phones, contact Harvard Phone Services.
AV Training Sessions are currently available for those interested in learning more about how the AV systems function. This would include the AV in the various spaces around the SEC from conference and seminar rooms to sloped floor and flat floor classrooms.
Please visit this link to sign up for upcoming group sessions or to request one-on-one/group training.
The Classrooms and Seminar rooms in the SEC and 114 Western Ave offer the ability to schedule automatic reoccurring recordings for classes throughout the semester. When scheduled, these recordings will automatically start/stop at the specified class dates and times and upload to the courses Panopto Folder for students to view.
Video Recording & Live Streaming
- To arrange for a one-time recording or live streaming, please contact email@example.com.
- You can upload and browse for events and colloquia videos at SEAS Video.
- Requestors are responsible for posting the videos. For instructions visit Video Posting.
- For questions regarding managing collaborations, please visit Managing Collaborations.
- To obtain an account to upload your videos to SEAS Video please contact the HUIT Help Desk.
- If a video will be made available to the public, closed captions are required.