Resources/Forms for Travel and Reimbursement at SEAS

Travel & Reimbursement Resources are listed below in order of the following links:

University Resources

Sponsored Travel Resources

Commonly Used Reimbursement Forms



University Resources

Travel Reimbursements Overview

This is a 20 minute course providing a general overview of Harvard's travel policy. It covers the more common travel guidelines to assist the learner in understanding the types of business expenses that are eligible for reimbursement.


Receipt Requirements/Definition of Receipts

This document provides some instruction as well as the minimum required information that should appear on receipts for various charges in order for it to be deemed valid by Harvard policy.


2022 Mileage Rates

Beginning on January 1, 2022, this information provides the standard mileage rates for the use of a car (also vans, pickups or panel trucks) to calculate the deductible costs for operating an automobile for business (such as business travel), charitable, medical or moving purposes.

Per Diem Rates

A business can reimburse its employees for travel-related expenses without creating taxable income by paying them the appropriate per diem rate. Per diem rates refer to a allowance for specific travel expenses for employees.

Most rates for travel within the U.S. are set by the United States General Services Administration (GSA). Foreign Per Diem rates are for reimbursement of U.S. Government civilians traveling on official business in foreign areas and are established monthly by the Office of Allowances as maximum U.S. dollar rates.

Per Diem Rates - U.S. Domestic

Per Diem Rates - Foreign

Currency Exchange Rates

Calculate current conversion rates among domestic and foreign currencies. 


Fly America Act and Open Skies Agreements Information

For those traveling on federally sponsored funds. See the decision tree below to discover how this information applies to you.

Fly America Act and Open Skies Agreement Decision Tree

Follow this decision tree to discover how this the Fly America Act and Open Skies Agreements applies to your trip or for those whom you are arranging travel.

Office of Sponsored Research Travel Website


US Flights Air Carriers

US Flag Air Carriers
All air travel and cargo transportation services funded by the federal government are required to use a “U.S. flag” air carrier service. 



Commonly Used Reimbursement Forms

Fly America Travel Reimbursement Exception Form

When a traveler uses a non-U.S. flag air carrier for travel to be charged to a federally-funded award or federal cost share account, this form, along with any relevant supporting documentation, must be completed and submitted for reimbursement.

Missing Receipt Affidavit
When you are missing a receipt for over $75, you will need to complete a Missing Receipt Affidavit to attach to reimbursement request and reports in Concur.

SEAS Add Pay Form

Use this form to request Supplemental Payments for Harvard paid employees (including late reimbursements). The payment will be added to the employee’s next regular paycheck.

SEAS Exception Request Form

To request an exception to the University Travel and/or Business Expense Reimbursement Policy, follow the SEAS Exception Process outlined here and submit completed form to SEAS Finance Operations for review.