The process for FY22 year-end Performance and Development Conversations has begun. We hope these conversations provide you an opportunity to reflect on the progress your teams have made through these challenging times, and to look toward the future.
Our performance and development conversations for FY22 will follow the same structure as last year:
- Managers may begin scheduling and conducting these year-end conversations with their direct reports.
- Managers will document the reflections and intentions discussed in the year-end conversation in PeopleSoft using the instructions linked here.
- There will be no ratings in FY22. Though a full list of ratings appears in the ratings dropdown menu of the Peoplesoft ePerformance system this year, SEAS managers should select the “No Rating” option.
- Please complete your reviews in PeopleSoft by July 15th.
Meaningful manager-employee check-ins are critical drivers for employee engagement and can support both organizational and team morale and provide a sense of continuity and forward progress. This is an opportunity to build upon conversations between managers and employees to reflect on all that has been accomplished, both individually and collectively throughout the academic year. Employees hired on or after April 1 will not have a review, but HR will be reaching out regarding their 90-day check in.
- Performance Management on Harvie
- Performance Management FY22
- Performance and Feedback Conversation
- High Impact Development Conversations
- Practical Tips for Coaching Conversations
- When Performance Conversations are Challenging
- Making Feedback Work
- Feedback Essentials
- Coaching as Conversation: A Guide for Managers
- Owning Your Own Performance Management: A Guide for All
If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to a member of the Human Resources Team.