Maternity and Parental Leave
Maternity / Parental Leave
Harvard offers up to 20 weeks of leave in connection to childbirth and recovery for birth mothers. Eligible staff members and postdoctoral fellows receive eight weeks of paid leave under short-term disability, and 12 weeks of paid bonding leave.
Leave for birth or adoptive parents includes up to 12 weeks of paid bonding leave, to be taken within the first year following the birth or placement for adoption.
For more information, please visit Parental Leave. Please also see the policy on Pregnancy in the Workplace.
In Office of Human Resources
- Total Rewards & Benefits
- Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging
- Employee Concerns
- Condolence Policy
- Confidentiality Agreement
- Conflicts of Interest and Commitment Policy
- Drug/Alcohol and Smoking Policies
- Inclement Weather Policy
- Independent Contractor Policy
- Intellectual Property Rights
- Overtime Policy
- Pregnancy in the Workplace Policy
- Sit-Stand Desk Policy
- Statement of Rights and Responsibilities
- Technology Acceptable use
- Time and Absence Management
- Staff Development and Training
- Rewards and Recognition