Compensation is just one part of the Total Rewards package at Harvard, which includes comprehensive benefits, perks, and generous paid time-off. At SEAS, we offer competitive compensation, designed to:
- Recruit, retain, and promote the growth of highly qualified individuals.
- Foster salary practices that are both internally equitable and competitively attractive.
- Reflect economic realities, while being administered in a way that ensures uniform opportunity and treatment of all employees.
For employees represented by a union at Harvard, pay practices are established by the collective bargaining process.
See more information on Salary Ranges.
Position Review and Reclassification
Any employee who feels their job has changed may request a position review. This University-wide policy applies to both Administrative/Professional and Clerical and Technical employees.
To request a review, follow the instructions on the Position Reclassification page.
- Most employees are paid every other Friday.
- You will receive your first paycheck no more than three weeks from your start date.
- Your first paycheck is sometimes a paper check.
- Direct deposit is available through the My Pay tile in PeopleSoft.
- New employees should fill out the federal W-4 and Massachusetts tax forms.
- Current employees can change their tax information through the My Pay tile in PeopleSoft.