Disability and Leaves of Absence
To discuss any of the leave options below, please contact:
If you are seriously ill or injured due to a non-work related illness or injury, and unable to work for an extended period of time, and if you provide acceptable medical documentation, you may be eligible to continue to receive income under Harvard's short- or long- term disability coverage.
For work-related illnesses and injuries, employees are covered by Workers' Compensation. Supervisors are responsible for the accurate completion and submittal of the Accident Report. The Accident Report must be submitted within 24 hours of the incident and should be sent to Heidi Shea at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Harvard offers a variety of leave options for medical, personal, or family reasons. Please see the below for more information on the following leaves of absence.
In Office of Human Resources
- Total Rewards & Benefits
- Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging
- Employee Concerns
- Condolence Policy
- Confidentiality Agreement
- Conflicts of Interest and Commitment Policy
- Drug/Alcohol and Smoking Policies
- Inclement Weather Policy
- Independent Contractor Policy
- Intellectual Property Rights
- Overtime Policy
- Pregnancy in the Workplace Policy
- Sit-Stand Desk Policy
- Statement of Rights and Responsibilities
- Technology Acceptable use
- Time and Absence Management
- Staff Development and Training
- Rewards and Recognition